OOV Fundamentals Course: Denver, CO
24jun(jun 24)8:00 am25(jun 25)5:00 pmOOV Fundamentals Course: Denver, CO
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course will explore how using a device like the Oov can facilitate overall improvement in Functional Movement. This course will also take traditional pilates exercises and apply them
This course will explore how using a device like the Oov can facilitate overall improvement in Functional Movement. This course will also take traditional pilates exercises and apply them to the Oov.
During this course, participants will explore the concept of creating stability through improving mobility, as well as, the role that Disassociation plays in enhancing stability training.
Balance Training will be utilised as a means to effectively enhance motor learning and improved performance.
Techniques such as Sequential Training, Proper Queuing, Regression/Progression, as well as an understanding of the concept of Tolerance and Effective Loading will be provided as a means to assist instructors in teaching complex multi-plane movements.
The “Four Pillars of Movement” and their relationship to efficient performance will be the corner stone to teaching Functional Movement. Faulty or inefficient Movement Patterns will be identified in regards to postural type.
Strength, speed, power and agility are more effectively achieved if the client can maintain Motor Control, Stability and Endurance, and these will be the basis of all exercises in the Oov Fundamentals Course.
Therefore, the focus of all the exercises presented will be on Eccentric Activation for Greater Strength and Control through Low Threshold, Slow Movement Training
Students will also be give information for the structure, as well as, the queuing techniques to facilitate a group Oov class.
The Oov Fundamentals course is the pre requisite to all other Oov courses, including 3D Assessment, Rehabilitation, Pilates Apparatus, Performance, Sport Specific and Manual Therapy.
This course gives the practitioner the ability to diagnose and address the individual’s movement through Proprioceptive Neuro-Plasticity at an unprecedented level. Students will learn the nuances of adding or removing load and resistance to increase mobility or to increase fine motor control.
This course will start to identify Direct Clinical Deficiencies, such as Axial Control of the Skeleton, Gait Pattern Dysfunction, 3 D Sling Deficiencies and Compromised Articular function. Detailed and Specific Exercises that address the Correction of these deficiencies will be covered.
Participants will be able to:
1. Demonstrate correct set up, safety and care of the Oov.
2. Understand how Balance training on the Oov can be a useful tool to identify faulty movement patterns and for enhancing motor learning.
3. Learn how to identify what parts of the body you are going to:
7. Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of Tolerance and Load in Balance Training.
8. Understand the importance of Sequential Training and demonstrate how to safely modify an exercise by using regression or progression.
9. Understand how the “Four Pillars of Movement – Axial Elongation: Core Control, Hip Mobilization, Shoulder Mobilization play and important role in efficient movement.
10. To demonstrate a knowledge of the various characteristics that identify faulty movement patterns.
11. Understand how the concepts and methods identified in this course can be used with any form of Functional Training.
12. Effectively teach the exercises described in this course to individuals and a large group.
Nominal Hours of Delivery
16 hours of practical labs and short lectures
This Course is registered for 16 NPCP CEC’s.
24 (Saturday) 8:00 am - 25 (Sunday) 5:00 pm MDT
Ashley Taylor NCPT
Ashley Taylor NCPT
Ashley Taylor, Pilates Instructor & Movement Specialist
Ashley, an NCPT, is passionate about helping people move well, feel well and ultimately live well by finding comfort in their body. She is the owner of Taylor Pilates and Fitness in Denver, CO and is an OOV Fundamentals and OOV + Pilates Apparatus Educator. Ashley holds advanced and comprehensive Pilates instructor certification through Polestar Pilates. She uses Pilates as the foundation from which she trains clients while utilizing the OOV, Core Align, and MOTR to improve gait and dynamic stability. When Ashley is not at the studio, you will find her running, hiking, skiing, spending time with family and spoiling her Great Dane.