Oov Education aspires to be a conduit and bridge between all disciplines of movement, bodywork, health, wellness, healing, and performance. This collaboration is committed to absorbing emerging research and studies into our courses providing a continuous evolution within our education and experiences with the Oov.
A basic introduction to this work begins in the 2 day Oov Fundamentals (Level I) course available to Physical Therapists, DOs, Chiropractors, MDs, ATCs, Massage Therapists, and all practitioners of movement to include Pilates instructors, Yoga instructors, fitness instructors, Alexander Technique, Feldenkrais, Gyrotonic, coaches with a movement science background, and more. The Oov Fundamentals (Level I) course will be the prerequisite for all other Oov Education that will be made available for each independent discipline and specialty area based on the most recent literature and research available.
The Oov has truly shifted the paradigm!
Book your course today
For any enquires regarding courses, please email us at email@example.com
COURSE DESCRIPTION: OOV FUNDAMENTALS IS A PREREQUISITE TO THIS COURSE. This course provides a complete, easy to understand and implement system, that is firmly founded in 3 Dimensionality. It will
OOV FUNDAMENTALS IS A PREREQUISITE TO THIS COURSE.
This course provides a complete, easy to understand and implement system,
that is firmly founded in 3 Dimensionality.
It will address philosophy, assessment and movement from the perspective
that 3 dimensional organisms require 3 dimensional philosophies, assessment
tools and interventions.
Level 1 introduced some basic academic concepts that we believe are critical
in progressing someone’s ability to purposefully initiate change in a body.
This course will develop those concepts further but at the same time make
them more coherent, practical and beautiful.
This course includes:
1. A unique philosophical framework for observing the human form.
2. Original diagnostic tests to guide practitioners down a thoughtful path in
applying their pre-existing skill set, or the skill set offered and delivered
in this course and other courses from OOV Education.
3. A new philosophy based Method to increase information to the body.
4. A new movement gamut and the ability to interpret these movements
within the framework of the philosophy provided.
5. A clear and meaningful “map” from the tests/movements to the appropriate
interventions to change the body quickly, safely and intelligently.
YOU MUST BRING AN OOV TO THIS COURSE OR PURCHASE ONE.
Participants will be able to:
1. Comprehend the body in a new philosophical paradigm – Perfection vs Disfunction.
2. Understand Bio-tensegrity and root of it’s manifestation: Information and Perception.
3. Understand Allostasis and Allostatic Load, Homeostasis and Form and Force Closure.
4. Demonstrate correct set up, safety and care of the Oov.
5. Demonstrate knowledge, implementation and pertinence of a Clearance Strategy Screen (Vertical Loading).
6. Understand and define Afferent vs Efferent influences.
7. Understand how Balancing on the Oov can be a useful tool to identify AFFERENT vs EFFERENT strategic parameters and suitably describe the significance of that at a diagnostic, intervention and medico-legal level.
8. Implement and INTERPRET a range of movement assessment screens.
9. Use the assessments to thoughtfully guide their direction of intervention on the patient/client.
10. Understand a new definition of Dis-function.
11. Demonstrate a complex understanding of: kinematic pairs and chains, Superficial chain preferences and Myo-fascial slings.
12. Understand how Joint position interacts with local joint complexes, function and global slings.
13. Demonstrate a high degree of comprehension of functional anatomical interrelatedness of multiple structures – fascial, articular, myo-neural and visceral.
14. Understand the METHODS employed in this course.
15. Understand WHY the methods are in the order that they are in.
16. Demonstrate how creative and deliberate use of peripheral holds (hand and foot positions) can influence global slings and strategies.
17. Demonstrate how Load can be utilised to influence different outcomes of Motor Control and explain WHY and HOW.
18. Understand basic concepts of Hormesis vs Compassion for intervention efficacy.
19. Understand how the concepts and methods identified in this course can be used with any form of Functional Training.
20. Effectively teach the exercises described in this course to individuals and a large group.
Nominal Hours of Delivery
17 hours of practical, workshops and short lectures
Viva Voce Final Assessement
September 30 (Saturday) 9:00 am - October 1 (Sunday) 6:00 pm EST
Oov Fundamental Course 2 Day
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
After completing a BSc in Anatomy and Physiology, Daniel continued Post Graduate studies in Neuroscience, Molecular Biology and Osteopathy. In private practice, he continued his studies with Myofascial and Cranial Sacral Techniques. Daniels interest was in how compensatory patterns translate to physiological and functional change, and looked at ways treatment and rehabilitative exercise could be used to address these. In the late 90’s, Daniel began work with a Spinal and Orthopaedic Company, that lead to him working around the world with top surgeons, and the development of Surgical Devices. His return to Australia lead him to commence development of a device that acted as a bio-feedback or self regulating device, that acted as an unstable base, to be used in both Rehabilitation and Functional Exercise. The Oov was launched. Daniel now works with leading practitioners collaborating on Rehab and Exercise prescription, and delivers workshops to Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Exercise Physiologists, Pilates instructors and Personal Trainers around the world. He has worked with elite and professional athletes in all sports, including Tennis, Golf, Rugby, AFL, Swimming and Athletics.
Nick’s passion is to transcend domain based thinking about the body and how to change elements within it. He supports the ALTR mantra that the body is fundamentally perfect and is an experience vessel that is the product of the information it is exposed to - therefore, to change it one needs only to change that information. From a formal scientific background (Ms Chiropractic, Bsc Science) with published papers, presenting and research experience he is well placed to help navigate and decipher the latest research and evidenced based methods for people interested in health and related topics. He merges the manual therapy world with the movement world and the health world co-owning a functional rehabilitation clinic (ALTR), an education company (OOV education) and the first fully traceable supplement company (The Red Hippo) all to keep spreading the word about the importance of smart movement and smart nutrition. He walks what he talks and boasts that there isn’t one thing he prescribes that he doesn’t currently do or hasn't had extensive experience with. He has represented Australia in Kayaking and enjoys all aspects of sport performance, rehab/prehab, nutrition and mindfulness. He currently trains around 25hrs per week through a number of modalities to keep the flow of experience based information current and relevant.